One skill that I believe every man should have is cooking. Gone are the days when the women are expected to prepare meals and know how to cook. Gone are the days where men can be too proud and not enter a kitchen to prepare a meal. In our current time, cooking is a skill that must be mastered, by both men and women, but I'll be honest...if a man can cook, women really like that.


On my page I'm going to share some of my favorite recipes. I've gotten recipes from all over; websites, cook books, family recipes, or even a few from my days working in the Service Deli at Costco when things were actually made, and not just "put-together," from scratch.


So I hope you enjoy some of the things that I share. I'll try to link recipes if I get them from somewhere online, or provide any personal recipes to the best of my abilities. So check back every so often for some new things. Or, if you have something that you'd like me to try out, send it to me, and I'll give it a try along with a review.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps

Baked Eggs and Mushrooms in Ham Crisps


I saw a friends photo on facebook and thought this was a wonderful idea. So off onto Google I searched and I got this from epicurious.com and have yet to try it out. I plan on giving it a try very soon though. As of right now all I have are the directions. So have at it people. Enjoy.


What you need:
3/4 lb mushrooms, finely chopped
1/4 c. finely chopped shallot
2 tbsp. unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
2 tbsp. creme fraiche or sour cream
1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh tarragon
12 slices Blackforest Ham
12 large eggs
1 muffin tin with 12 1/2 c. muffin cups


What to do:
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.


Cook the mushrooms and shallots in butter with salt and pepper in a large heavy skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until mushrooms are thender and liquid they give off is evaporated, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the creme fraiche and tarragon


Fit 1 slice of ham into each cup of the muffin tin. Make sure to lightly oil them also, it makes taking everything out much easier. and yes some of the ham will stick out, don't cut it!. Divide the mushrooms/shallot mix into 12, and fill the ham cups, crack 1 egg into each. Now place the tin into the center of the oven and bake for about 15 minutes (until the whites are fully cooked, but the yolks are still runny). Season with some salt & pepper, remove the whole cup, ham, egg, and all from the tin using 2 spoons or small spatulas. Serve and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment